Barrio Tacos is currently interviewing Executive Chef candidates for its new Location in the heart of Porthsmouth New Hampshire!
Our newly opened location features 'Barrio’s Build Your Own Taco Concept'. Offering fresh and inspired homemade food, providing taco enthusiasts and the Portsmouth community with access to a truly unique food experience.
Requirements: If you’re a chef enthusiast who is reliable, responsible, and have a desire to love where you work then we want to hear from you! Candidates must be able to work nights, weekends, and some holidays. The ideal candidate for this position has a multiple discipline background working within the complexity of a “build your own” taco menu and high volume while being committed to building the Barrio brand. A minimum of 5 years cooking experience required.
Summary of Position:
Directly responsible for all kitchen functions including food purchasing, preparation and maintenance of quality standards; sanitation and cleanliness; training of employees in taco rolling, preparation, portion and cost control and sanitation and cleanliness. Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the restaurant’s recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards.
- Make employment and termination decisions including interviewing, hiring, evaluating and disciplining kitchen personnel as appropriate
- Provide orientation of company and department rules, policies and procedures and oversee training of new kitchen employees.
- Fill in where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
- Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the restaurant’s preventative maintenance programs.
- Work with restaurant managers on portion sizes, presentation and prepare standard recipe items.
- Ensure that all products are ordered according to predetermined product specifications and received in correct unit count and condition and deliveries are performed in accordance with the restaurant’s receiving policies and procedures. Company provided order guide must be adhered to and ordering pars must always be maintained.
- Control food cost and usage by following proper product storage procedures, standard recipes and waste control procedures.
- Maintain and ensure that all staff uses a Recipe Book, Prep Sheets and Waste Logs at all times.
- Oversee and ensure that restaurant policies on employee performance appraisals are followed and completed on a timely basis.
- Schedule labor as required by anticipated business activity while ensuring that all positions are staffed when and as needed and labor cost objectives are met. Schedules must be posted in restaurant 5 days prior to beginning of company’s week.
- Be knowledgeable of restaurant policies regarding personnel and administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective action for any and all violations of company policies, rules and procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining appropriate cleaning schedules for kitchen floors, mats, walls, hoods, other equipment and food storage areas.
- Check and maintain proper food holding and refrigeration temperature control points.
- Participate in all Restaurant Management Meetings.
- All other duties as assigned.
Apply today or submit a resume to email@example.com!