Professional Mover & Driver
|Title:||Professional Mover & Driver|
|Company:||Mathis Moving & Storage|
DescriptionMathis Moving & Storage
Position Title: Professional Mover and Driver
Summary: Drive a tractor-trailer combination or a truck with a capacity of at least 26,000 GVW, to transport and deliver household goods. Pack and wrap household goods to protect them from damage during storage or shipment. Load and unload household goods cargo from trucks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read work orders or receive oral instructions to determine work assignments or material or equipment needs.
- Record numbers of units handled or moved, using daily production sheets or work tickets.
- Load and unload items being transported.
- Package and arrange items being transported into the truck.
- Adhere to company moving policies and procedures to pack, unpack, load and unload household goods.
- Assure conformance to loading patterns to prevent shifting or damage to household goods during transit.
- Check vehicles before driving them to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good working order.
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the vehicles.
- Check all load-related documentation to ensure that it is complete and accurate.
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions, check that vehicle position is correct and any special loading equipment is properly positioned.
- Other duties as assigned
- Valid Class A CDL License
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs.
High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate);
1-2 years exp.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to balance. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 75 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is frequently exposed to vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Full health benefits and vacation time.
- Background check and drug testing
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications