Front Desk Clerk
|Title:||Front Desk Clerk|
|Company:||Best Western Plus Port Columbus|
DescriptionFront Desk Clerk
Best Western Plus-Port Columbus
- According to Hotel Standards
- Guest Check-In and Check-Out
- PMS Operations (MSI)
- Cash and Credit Card/ Debit Card Transactions
- Front Office Emergency/ Security Procedures
- Reservations- Guest Groups and Meeting Room
- Sales of Guest rooms with new arrivals and phone inquiries
- Clean the Front Desk and Lobby Area Daily
- Put away all orders that come in
- Assist Managers and Dept Heads as assigned by Guest Service Manager, Front Desk Manager and General Manager
- Set up Breakfast/ Monitor cleanliness of breakfast bar and tables as needed
- Employee must be in neat, clean uniform with name tag.
- Full knowledge of the 100% Best Western Plus Guarantee Program.
- Follow all policies & procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Follow all company safety policies and procedures.
- Maintain a Professional Attitude to all Guests, Vendors and Staff
- Fluent verbal and written communications in proper English. (Spanish, if possible)
- Basic Math
- Basic Computer Skills/Keyboard/Typing Skills
- Operate a 10-key Calculator
- Hospitable, Civil Contact with the Public and guests
- Ability to Work Independently, with little or no Supervision
- Ability to complete multiple tasks simultaneously
- Night Audit Basic accounting skills/training
- 1 year experience front desk at hotel
- Bending and twisting
- Walking and standing for periods of time.
- Normal balance, crouching or kneeling
- Bending and twisting.
- Finger dexterity, grasping
- Able to hear emergency alarms, telephone, and conversation with guests.
- Legal normal vision with or without accommodation.
- Reaching, bending arms, light carrying, pushing, and pulling
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds
Flexible rotating hours:
Must be able to work holidays and weekends
Pay: $9/hr to start
Part time- after 90 days probation may turn into additional hours
Pre-employment background check required
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications