Director of Sales
|Title:||Director of Sales|
|Company:||Riley Hotel Group|
DescriptionDirector of Sales
The Riley Hotel Group is seeking a Director of Sale and Marketing at the Kent State University Hotel and Conference Center located at 215 S. Depeyster Street Kent, OH 44240
- The Director of Sales is responsible for day-to-day operations of the group and catering sales including direction of the solicitation efforts of room, food, beverage.
- Sales through effective oral and written communication while overseeing rate, date, and space commitments.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with officials and representatives of local community groups and companies for group room sales within the hotel.
- Create and implement hotel-level tactical sales plans; analyze current/potential market and sales trends and coordinate all activities to maintain and increase revenue and market share through added business volume and increased rate.
- Assist in preparation of the marketing, advertising, sales plans, programs and annual budget while managing within approved plans and budgets.
- All other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 3 years sales experience and 1 year supervisory experience in hotels is required.
- Advanced knowledge of the principles of the hospitality profession
- Knowledge of travel industry, current market trends, and economic factors.
- Extensive skill in development and delivery of sales presentations and negotiating.
- Strong working knowledge of hotel industry sales & marketing computer functions.
- Must have valid driver's license.
- Must have reliable transportation.
This is full time position. Base Salary $37,000-$42,000 based on experience + Commission. EOE
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications