|Company:||Riley Hotel Group|
DescriptionKent State University Hotel and Conference Center is hiring a SECURITY OFFICER to work 10 p.m.-4 a.m. weekends and weeknights.
- Complete routine rounds of property (interior and exterior) noting unusual occurrences, suspicious persons, and suspicious vehicles.
- Identify unlocked doors or laundry chutes, unsafe conditions, and missing or inoperative safety equipment.
- Ensure all public spaces are locked after hours of operation to prevent unauthorized use. (Swimming pools, conference rooms, fitness center, business center, restaurants etc.)
- Warn or eject troublemakers, and caution careless persons.
- Notify staff when questionable individuals who are not guests are on premises.
- Complete incident report form for all incidents during scheduled shifts.
- Coordinate as necessary with local law enforcement all serious incidents and altercations.
- Assist management and enforcement officers in emergency situations, safety committee tasks, projects, and property training
- Provide security for guests, employees, and property by
- Adhering to security procedures for guest room keys and master keys.
- Understanding all hotel emergency procedures
- Reporting any suspicious activity to management
- Performs all other duties assigned
- High ethical standards
- Exceptional communication skills (listening, speaking, and writing).
- Handle emergency situations effectively and professionally
- Ability to remain calm in a crisis
- Critical thinker
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Ability to operate and control equipment such as computers, switchboard, radio,
- Required to walk and stand for long periods of time
Availability: Must be able to work a varied schedule including, nights, weekends and holidays
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications