|Company:||Pink Shell Beach Resort|
|Location:||Fort Myers Beach, FL|
|Job Status:||Full time|
“At Pink Shell, we believe in making memories. Whether you stay with us, work with us, we believe our purpose is to create impressions that will stay with you for a lifetime.”
Join our team!
Pink Shell is seeking a Housekeeping Manager to assist the Housekeeping Director in the day-to-day operations of the department.
What do we offer?
- Competitive Salary - $40,000
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short-term, and Long-term Disability Insurance
- 401(K) Retirement
- Paid Holidays, Paid Vacations, Personal/Sick Time and a Floating Holiday
- $3 employee meals prepared by our culinary team
- 30% employee discounts at the restaurant, gift shop, and spa
- Uniforms provided by the company
- Friends and Family discounted rates at all BMC properties
What are we looking for?
- An individual who has a position attitude and able to work in a fast-paced, hands-on environment
- Bilingual in both English/Creole required
- Has a high school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- A minimum of 3 years of housekeeping management experience, preferably in a luxury hotel or resort
- Has basic computer skills required (e.g., Word, Excel)
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing exemplary customer service
- Must be knowledgeable in maintaining quality housekeeping standards, alternative methods of accomplishing cleaning tasks, and customer satisfaction evaluation techniques
- Ability to provide guidance and direction to subordinates, including establishing performance standards and monitoring the compliance of standards
- Must be able to bend, squat, kneel, climb and reach continuously and lift to 40lbs
- Has open availability to open or close the department, and work weekends and holidays
What would my job responsibilities be?
- Assist in hiring, onboarding, and training, supervising, coaching, and counseling the Housekeeping staff
- Supervise and conduct daily detailed inspections of guest rooms, public areas, and back of the House to ensure BMC standards are met
- Inspect all V.I.P rooms before arrival
- Respond to and follow through on guest requests, concerns, and problems to ensure guest satisfaction
- Complete daily, weekly, and monthly checklists
- Conduct performance reviews and recommends discipline
- Maintain par stock of guest supplies, cleaning supplies, and linens
- Develop and implement Housekeeping systems and procedures
- Ensure compliance of the company’s safety, security, health, sanitation standards, and regulations; report any maintenance, safety hazards, accidents or injuries
- Coordinate the preventive maintenance schedule of rooms and public areas with the maintenance department
- Communicate effectively with Housekeeping staff, Management, Front Desk, and Engineering to ensure guests’ needs and BMC standards are met
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the Director of Housekeeping or Assistant Housekeeping Director
Pink Shell is an award-winning 4-5 star Resort located in the beautiful Fort Myers Beach, Florida. A true beachfront getaway, the resort overlooks both sides of the island, the Matanzas Pass and the Gulf of Mexico.
Pink Shell has evolved from a single cottage built in 1950 to an expansive 12-acre beach resort and marina. While we have grown, our values remain the same – to provide an unparalleled oceanfront escape for families and friends to make memories that last a lifetime.
The Resort has been recognized by Condé Nast Traveler, Trip Advisor, Gulfshore Life as one of the Best Resorts in Florida. Pink Shell was recently awarded the Florida Restaurant & Lodging Seal of Commitment—a promise that our establishment achieved enhanced safety and sanitation standards designated by FRLA to ensure the safety of guests and employees.
Our resort is part of Boykin Management Company and offers studios, one- and two-bedroom accommodations with guaranteed beach views, ample meeting facilities, a relaxing spa, a full-service marina, a state-of-the-art fitness center, two restaurants, and fun activities for the whole family. To learn about Pink Shell, please our website at www.pinkshell.com.
***Pink Shell is a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment screening, including a background test and drug screen, is required for all candidates offered a position.