|Company:||Sims Brothers Recycling|
|Job Status:||Full time|
Sims Brother is currently seeking a full-time second shift 3PM-11PM Shear Operator that will be responsible for processing scrap material feed from the crane operator at our Marion, OH location.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate the shear safely
- Clean and Maintain the shear every shift
- Always lock and/or tag equipment when working on or around shear in accordance with company policy
- Insures that the maintenance department is contacted if any mechanical or maintenance needs to be performed on the shear.
- Operator performers maintenance on the shear before starting work and at the end of his shift (pre and post check)
- Take ownership of the shear and operate it as if it was your own
- Must wear proper and approved Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
- High School Diploma or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate
- Prior experience operating heavy machinery preferred but not required
- Competitive wages starting at $12.35/HR
- Steady full-time work
- Dependable equipment
- Medical benefits, profit sharing, 401(k), paid vacation and uniforms